Archive for February, 2016
Interested in e-publishing? On Wednesday, Feburary 17, we will have a presentation about Smashwords, the world’s largest distributor of indie ebooks. According to their website, “they make it fast, free and easy for any author or publisher, anywhere in the world, to publish and distribute ebooks to the major retailers.”
Let’s discover the ins and outs from our favorite librarian, Paul Wartenberg.
Lakeland Writers is open to all individuals who write for profession or pleasure. Membership in FWA is not a requirement to attend; nor are reservations.
Sunshine Bank, 3340 S. Florida Ave., Lakeland, FL 33803; 6:30pm-8:30pm.
Need a writing prompt? Try this year’s Florida Writer’s Collection theme: “Hide and Seek.” Write up to 1200 words and share it with the group; we’ll help you polish it for submission to the FWA Collection.
The Florida Writers Association Collection is an annual writing competition that showcases member writing and helps members grow their skills.
Each year, entrants write to a theme and sixty submissions are chosen for publication. A “Person of Renown” chooses ten stories for special recognition. Past persons of renown have included bestselling authors Mary Burton, Michael Wiley, and W. Bruce Cameron.
Florida Writers Association Collection, Volume 8: Hide and Seek
Person of Renown, John Gilstrap
- The competition is open to submissions from February 1 through April 30
- Fiction, nonfiction, and poems are eligible
- Prose entries must not exceed 1,200 words; poem entries must not exceed 50 lines
- There are separate competitions for adult and youth members
- Florida Writers Association dues must be paid through October 31 in order to qualify for publication
- There is no entry fee