Lakeland Writers is open to all individuals who write for profession or pleasure. Membership in FWA is not a requirement to attend; nor are reservations.
Sunshine Bank, 3340 S. Florida Ave., Lakeland, FL 33803; 6:30pm-8:30pm.
Writing Prompt: You are stuck in an elevator with this guy. What’s the story…..
Royal Palm Literary Award
- Unpublished writers, want to beef up your resume?
- Published writers, looking for a sales tool?
- Want professional feedback?
- Want a chance to win a trophy, electronic badge, and other prizes?
Welcome to the Royal Palm Literary Awards competition (RPLA)!
- Entries are judged in more than 40 genre-categories
- Categories cross fiction and nonfiction, long and short, poetry, screenplays, and more
- Published and unpublished works are judged separately
We did the math: if our highly qualified volunteers and judges were paid $30/hour, each RPLA entry would cost $1,000 to process in labor costs alone. Given the modest entry fee, RPLA offers one heck of a member benefit.
Cost: $45 until 11:59pm 4/30/16
$65 until 11:59pm 5/15/16