How to E-Publish Class
Bartow Public Library will offer the How to E-Publish class on Monday Sept. 19th from 3pm to 5pm. It will be complete with handouts, a discussion about the different forms of publishing, the need to have documents formatted, the need for existing cover art and how to get it, and what happens next.
Seating is limited, so please call to sign up for the class. the library’s number is 863-534-0131
Bartow Library is at 2150 S. Broadway Ave Bartow FL 33830. We’re south of Bartow High School, and across the street from Mosaic Park.
NEXT Lakeland Writers Meetings: September 21, October 19, November 16
Lakeland Writers is open to all individuals who write for profession or pleasure. Membership in FWA is not a requirement to attend; nor are reservations.
Sunshine Bank, 3340 S. Florida Ave., Lakeland, FL 33803; 6:30pm-8:30pm.
I can’t wait to see everyone on Wednesday, August 17 at 6:30.
Here’s your latest writing prompt:
It’s raining. Hard. Lightning flashes, thunder claps simultaneously. You jump, check your heartbeat, then settle down at your keyboard and write til the storm passes. What do you say? (Okay, this this scenario isn’t too hard to imagine in Central Florida considering we named a hockey team after it!)
On another note, I want to remind everyone of the upcoming FWA Annual Writers Conference and FWF (Florida Writers Foundation) Workshops and Fundraisers and the FWA Youth Conference on October 22.
Florida Writers Association (FWA) members all over the globe look forward to the Florida Writers Conference year after year.
Whether you’re an aspiring writer or a seasoned professional, you’ll benefit from all the conference has to offer you this year. Rub elbows with acquisition editors, publishers, editors, designers, book marketers and writers, into the wee hours. Connect with old friends and make new ones.
Fun and informative, your conference days will be packed from early morning until late at night with plenty to keep you busy.
10 Reasons You Should Come to the Florida Writers Conference
- 70+ workshops and panels with stellar faculty
- Keynote Speaker, John Gilstrap, New York Times Bestselling Author
- Network with writers and publishing industry professionals
- Pitch to agents and publishers
- Fabulous cuisine included in the cost of the conference
- Sell your book at the conference bookstore and hold a book signing
- Celebrate the winners at the Royal Palm Literary Awards Banquet
- Bid on silent auction items and benefit literacy programs sponsored by the Florida Writers Foundation
- One-to one meetings with conference faculty
- Door prizes, open mic, and more!
Our motto, “Writers Helping Writers,” is truer than ever before!