I can’t wait to see everyone on Wednesday, August 17 at 6:30.
Here’s your latest writing prompt:
It’s raining. Hard. Lightning flashes, thunder claps simultaneously. You jump, check your heartbeat, then settle down at your keyboard and write til the storm passes. What do you say? (Okay, this this scenario isn’t too hard to imagine in Central Florida considering we named a hockey team after it!)
On another note, I want to remind everyone of the upcoming FWA Annual Writers Conference and FWF (Florida Writers Foundation) Workshops and Fundraisers and the FWA Youth Conference on October 22.
15th Annual Florida Writers Conference
CARPE DIEM: Conquer the World, One Book at a Time
October 20 – 23, 2016 in Altamonte Springs, Florida
Florida Writers Association (FWA) members all over the globe look forward to the Florida Writers Conference year after year.
Whether you’re an aspiring writer or a seasoned professional, you’ll benefit from all the conference has to offer you this year. Rub elbows with acquisition editors, publishers, editors, designers, book marketers and writers, into the wee hours. Connect with old friends and make new ones.
Fun and informative, your conference days will be packed from early morning until late at night with plenty to keep you busy.
10 Reasons You Should Come to the Florida Writers Conference
- 70+ workshops and panels with stellar faculty
- Keynote Speaker, John Gilstrap, New York Times Bestselling Author
- Network with writers and publishing industry professionals
- Pitch to agents and publishers
- Fabulous cuisine included in the cost of the conference
- Sell your book at the conference bookstore and hold a book signing
- Celebrate the winners at the Royal Palm Literary Awards Banquet
- Bid on silent auction items and benefit literacy programs sponsored by the Florida Writers Foundation
- One-to one meetings with conference faculty
- Door prizes, open mic, and more!
Our motto, “Writers Helping Writers,” is truer than ever before!